A Few Headshots from January
Every once in a while I get asked to do headshots. I don’t claim that this is my photography specialty, but there are several things I enjoy about taking headshots.
1. I can focus on one adult, without worrying about the possibly chaos of a family photography session or the stress of wedding day photography.
2. I get to play with lighting, which means I oftentimes bring flashes along for some off-camera lighting. Total photography nerding out!
3. I also get to play with locations and posing.
4. I enjoy learning about what people do for a living and helping them update their work image.
5. I like to figure out how to use the background to tell something about my clients or about what they do.
So, back to the photos at hand…last month I had a very impromptu Boulder headshot photo session for a guy who needed a few new images for his LinkedIn profile. We only had about 10 minutes to shoot some portraits, so I didn’t get to play as much as I would have liked to, but it was still fun.
I love the casual clothing images–he looks so approachable and put together. I’d hire him!
If you need to update your headshot, I’d love to chat to discuss what we could create together. My style is definitely laidback and relaxed.
All images © Susannah Allen 2018