How to Choose an Engagement Session Location
Some of my couples are a bit stumped when it comes to choosing locations for an engagement session. I always suggest with coming up with a list of places that are meaningful like:
- the location of a first date
- the location of the marriage proposal
- a place you spend a lot of time at (be it a coffee shop or brew pub)
- a favorite hiking trail
- a favorite mountain view
- Red Rocks (I mean, what Coloradoan doesn’t have a great fondness for one of the best music venues in the country?!)
Why Red Rocks is Such a Great Photo Session Spot
Colorado is full of magical places, and Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison is one of them. Reasons it is great for an engagement session include:
- Stunning geography. Red rocks and mountains make an ideal setting for a photo session.
- Miles of hiking trails to access those views.
- You can bring your pet dog.
- Amazing light.
- The cute adobe building (The Trading Post).
- Proximity to Denver.
- Proximity to margaritas and Mexican at the Morrison Inn (perfect for relaxing after the session!)
And Now for a Red Rocks Engagement Session
I enjoyed photographing Colleen and Brian at Red Rocks last spring. This Denver Colorado wedding couple were sweet, fun, easy-going, and funny to be around. We explored the area near the Trading Post and got a work-out walking up and down the music venue’s rows and rows of seats.
Notice the amazing background and scenery. Colorado perfection! As always, enjoy. Thanks for stopping by, and thanks to you, Colleen and Brian.
View engagement photography from another engagement portrait session at Red Rocks.
All images © Susannah Allen 2015
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment